Friday, June 13, 2008

Old-Fashion


I was walking in Long Island and I saw this television where it was written, on the top " Old - But it works !". This quotation attracted my attention. So just to try, I decided to take a picture of my camera and myself on the center of this TV.


I like the style of the photograph with the black&white contrast and the flashy colors. I was lucky this day because I wore some flashy orange shoes and scarf. Also, the girl at the left (... a certain Sophie without naming her :D ) was wearing a red cardigan so I could create a contrast. The old TV with our new colors.


The aspect inside the TV gives a round effect. Indeed, we can see the grids, the side-walk, the buildings rounder. According to me, it looks like the 80's ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except the model of the tv, I totally agree with you: it looks like a 80's photo!! Your shoes were absolutely perfect ^^

Oscar said...

I like the way there is distortion in this picture. Were you using a wide angle? One side of TV seems to be slanted to the right. I also like the composition of people inside the TV. People create a nice triangle.

Ricardo said...

Pretty nice, you're right, it looks like we were watching through the TV an image of 80's, the
clothes, the aspect, even the cars seems of the old fashion, It seems that the tv was ignited and
this image wanted to transmit us. You have a pretty nice ideas, wonderful picture.........

Anonymous said...

i love this picture. very playful and interesting. i can imagine this with a fisheye lens as well but your wide angle gave it a surreal feeling already.

amanda