Sunday, June 1, 2008

L'Imagination est l'Amie de l'Avenir


"L'Imagination est l'Amie de l'Avenir"... in other words, 'Imagination is the Future's Best Friend'. It is such a beautiful quotation.
I took this picture in Paris, far away from mass consumption.



The wooden steps stuck in the rocks reveal nature's beauty, even though those elements were in a metropolis, in the capital of France.

The steps show the future that we don't know and the blur aspect, the sensation of a dream. We all have no idea about what we will do. Sure, we can make plans but... will we really give them shape?

The curve in the left lets imagine a turn in our life. A means to find a better life for ourselves. The little white space on the top allow us to believe in it. Where there is the light, there is the life...

However, we are in the bottom of those steps. The question to ask is : " Do we have the courage to climb them? Or do we fear our future?

This photograph brings up a contrast : the stairs and the rocks (difficulties) against the light (knowledge/future).

2 comments:

Jess. said...

That picture is beautiful. I'm taking a photography class myself right now, and I'm in French.

Ricardo said...

I think that I guess what you want to say. it's such amazing picture, I remain amazed because
I am feeling inside of it, most of the people Including me, look in the future and then they see their dreams
beside them, but they just took the way who gonna take them to a safe life, Betraying their dreams,
If we could fulfill all our dreams, our lives would be perfect, but this it's another dream that can't make real...
the best thing that we can do, is not to think too much about our future....