Sunday, June 8, 2008

Man

I put an orange filter to this picture and an acid frame in order to give it an old aspect. Indeed, I was walking in the Meat Packing District and I saw this guy, wearing some old clothes. Suddenly, I imagined what I wanted to do "with him".


The huge poster on the left attracts our attention. A woman who wears a veil; she is here to deliver a message. Above, we can also see the "ying and yang" sign and graffiti. It makes the image even more realistic.


After, we have this guy, who is sitting on a step and looking out somewhere. We have an interesting contrast between the woman who is looking at us and the guy who seems to be out. So that woman tries to get all the attention on her, in reducing this guy on the back.

4 comments:

Rosy said...

I love this picture, the way all the surrounding images in the walls play with the man's attitude makes not only an image but a story of the man's life.

Oscar said...

I remember seeing him when we went to the Meat Packing District... I was passing by and I met his eyes, and I wanted to take a photo so badly, but I was a little scared... I think your photo caught the ambiance really well, and I love the color tone. His face doesn't even show on the photo, but just looking at his back and the way you composed the photo seem to tell me a lot about this scene.

Ricardo said...

I love the woman on the wall but not the guy, can't see his face for what I can't see his eyes, it's just a simple guy,
but excellent filter, beautiful color tone. :)

K.P. said...

How do you do this? Can you show the class how you created the effect?